Us

Us
San Antonio Texas

Monday, April 4, 2011

So here I am!

This is my first blog I am a little nervous. Please stick with me I’ll try to not make it boring. J
Our history …. My name is Devia and my husband is Tim we have 2 sons ages 8 and 5, their names are Bryce and Payton.
 
I grew up the oldest of 6 children, we were home schooled all our lives and had a strong Christian values. We lived in a map dot town, the town literally had a Baptist, church, a post office and a gas station at a yellow flashing light on a fairly major highway. Our house was 5 miles from “town” and I hated it. Like most farm kids I wanted to live near a movie theater a shopping mall and restaurants! At 19 I did the typical “take this town and shove it thing” and left! Mom and Dad were NOT happy. I made poor choice after poor choice after that. I married my husband (who was not a Christian at the time) and RAN from God as fast as I could. We lived in the city and kept trying to get more and more. To say we had a rough marriage would be putting it mildly. We separated many times and were right on the verge of divorce. God worked some miracles in ours lives and changed both our hearts. We both stopped running and Tim accepted Christ. We (Tim and I) have now had 2 blissful years of marriage, not perfect but happy and healthy for the most part.

  In the last 2 years we have felt more and more drawn to a simpler life. A life biased on our Family and Christ. A life spent together working and sharing rather than trying to make more and more money. And trying to have more and more things.


  We are living on 5 acres in south west Texas and have decide this is really not enough room for our growing family and for all the things we want to do. Guess what God has worked again and open a door. This is the story of us a Family in Texas trying to make the best of life. So where ever you are sit down grab a glass of sweet tea and join us on our adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment